Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Twenty Nine (Almost Typed Nice) 30th Class Done!



Does this picture remind anyone of the awkwards?


I was tired this morning and every muscle ached when I went into class. I'm not sure why but I think perhaps a detox process was in place - I did have a couple of glasses of wine last night and the night before and it felt like my body was a bit heavy with toxins.


Luckily for me I had some great support in the room. Luke was teaching and I was literally surrounded by some of my yoga challenge friends - Tony, Mel, Clint, Tracey - and it felt surprisingly energetic from the get go. All that tension just seemed to get transferred into the poses and after the breathing exercise I settled into the poses and I even managed to get my head to my knee on my right side in standing head to knee! Just for a micro millisecond but it's a never been done before death defying feat as far as I am concerned. I am stoked. If I could have just stayed in it...*lol*


I'm still toying with whether to go to yoga in the morning. I have now done 30 classes in 29 days but the 30th day is tomorrow. I could really use the rest. I have a list of things I could be doing instead. But I'm going to wait and see how I feel in the morning.


Good luck to all those challengers doing doubles today and tomorrow to reach their targets. I heart you and all the people whose support I have felt like a giant hug in that room this month. What an awesome journey and so lovely to share it with you!


Namaste.


2 comments:

  1. YAY for the head to the knee!! Awesome! I'm like that at the moment when I manage to just for a second or two bend my elbows in that pose! LOL I imagine I'll have a giggle if I ever get to put my head to my knee ;)
    Well done on completing 30 classes in 29days! That is awesome and thank you for sharing your journey with your blog. It's been eyeopening and inspiring to read. You've come far my friend and it shows.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did answer this comment yesterday but then our freaking Internet hit the skids and it wouldn't post. Darn it.

    The head to knee thing was such a glimpse of the real thing - surprised Luke even noticed it (he said "sometimes we even surprise ourselves) - I fell out immediately after. But my back was so relaxed as I did (there are so many finer details to all the poses and it's so true that it's impossible to see the next step until you're in the one before it). I'm still not quite there with toe stand and you're the queen of that after your challenge eh? Great thing about this practice is always having something to work on but because of the limited amount of time in each pose there's never enough time to get too frustrated about it either. Thanks for being such a great supporter of the challenge and of my blog! It's been a great pleasure sharing it, even if it did get a bit raw at times. Much love and namaste! Tania xxx

    ReplyDelete