Friday, November 25, 2011

Day Twenty Four Double

My lovely yogi friend Line had mentioned in the morning class that her husband Tony was going to do a back to back double in the evening. My youngest daughter is playing spring netball on Thursday nights which means I usually can't do evening classes but she had a 4pm game so I thought if I could get back in time from netball and cook dinner I could probably just make the 630 class. Nadine was teaching both classes (there were some raised eyebrows amongst Line, Andy & I re Tony choosing a Nadine double because her classes are notoriously good but hard, she really pushes you to work hard) and because of winter and now spring netball I usually miss her classes because she only teaches at our studios on Thursdays. So I thought I might give Tony some support by doing a double (I'd done the 930 class this morning) myself.

I felt good going into the class and it turned out Tony was procrastinating about the second class when I got there so I did my best to get him to stay. He said give me 5 mins to think about it. So I went about getting changed and setting up my mat and talking to a few people between classes then 5 mins later Tony comes out and says "I'm doing it". Awesome. So I set up in front because I was feeling ok and Tony set up row three but close so we could egg each other on if necessary.

Tony said he had an awesome class afterwards, which was great, because he's just a class or two under for the challenge at the moment and that's why I wanted to support him. My class was so so - I ran out of leg strength in the balancing series and I felt quite nauseous as well so had to sit the odd set out. That was a bit frustrating. The spine strengtheners were strong. Not so great in camel but managed the rest of the floor series and came back strong at the end. It was kind of complimentary to my morning class in that I felt over two classes I'd achieved what I might normally achieve in one super strong class. But it's still two stickers on the board which is just fine and dandy by me.

My youngest is performing in a kapa haka competition this morning so I am skipping yoga so I can watch her sing in maori and do the poi. There will be lots of schools there performing and I believe some good kai available too (got to love a Maori festival for hangi food etc). Hope you all have a great day too.

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. I was so pleased to come home and find that he had done the double and I think he wouldn't have done it if you hadn't turned up to support him! Thank you! He now has to do one more double to be on track for the challenge but he's booked tomorrow off so he can do the morning and evening class. I love that he's done it too now and I can't wait for the next group one as I'll definitely be doing it! Must have felt awesome having all the support from everywhere and knowing that with just one look at one of your fellow challengers, you know how they feel and vice versa.
    You guys all rock but especially you having found some peace I think, and a goal of becoming a teacher of Bikram Yoga!
    You go girl!! xxx

    ReplyDelete