Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day Six - Class Seven



"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." Mark Twain

Before Class: Everyone in my house was naturally assuming I would miss today's class, since I did two yesterday. But even though the shoulders are a bit sore today and I feel a little tired because I got a text about an hour after midnight saying someone had found my husband's phone and was trying to track down the owner (who was away from home for the night, partying and staying elsewhere - thank you Todd), I feel like I still want to practice. Something about how good I felt yesterday afternoon has seeped over into today and is urging me to do it, regardless.

After Class: Aaarghh - I think I should have painted a clown face on for the 4.30 class with Kate, or perhaps missed it, not that it had anything to do with her, she is an awesome teacher, but I fell out of almost every pose in the standing series tonight. For a start I forgot to take off my mascara which managed to mix with sweat and have me doing contortionistic things with my eyelids trying to get vision to keep my balance in the awkwards. Wiped them in the second part on a corner of my towel (cue lovely brown spot that stayed there as a reminder of how shit I was doing the whole class) but then the brain just couldn't work out where I was or what I was doing and it showed. Worst thing I was set up right at the mirror too, so probably put off a few people practicing behind me (sorry, peoples).

I mostly got it together in spine strengthening but ran out of steam before the end and it really felt like I maybe was a little dehydrated. I remember waking up last night with that feverish feeling and though I drank water today I didn't have much in the way of electrolytes and probably should have, especially following that double yesterday. Something Kate said in class about rehydrating "which is especially important if you're a big sweater" really resonated with me. Yes, that's me. (Not only am I a clown but I'm also a BIG SWEATER. I should maybe get this on a tank top for class. "Beware, you have set up next to a Big Sweater", with perhaps the lovely image of a retro sweater above, just for kicks). But no jokes about being a "big girl's blouse" here either, thank you very much. I did *try* to be in the poses, I just didn't succeed particularly well TODAY. And if you're not falling out of them you can never learn what it takes to stay in them either, right? That's what I'm going to keep telling myself anyway.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing wayyy better than I ever could Tania. I haven't even got the motivation to drag myself down to the local yoga studio let alone a 38C room! As to sweating, all that means is that your body has a high survival instinct and is trying desperately to cool you down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you, sometimes it just goes that way! We better not sit next to each other as Im a big sweater also and we may just float off in the other classmates

    Tony

    ReplyDelete