Monday, November 28, 2011

Day Twenty Eight

Went to the Glenfield studio for a change and to catch up with Andy and have a chat about teacher training because I knew she was practicing at the 9.30 class. I always used to have trouble with the heat at Glenfield but the class felt OK, even felt cool at the beginning though by the end with everyone sweating their butts off the humidity definitely elevated the heat in the room. Another student mentioned that she has trouble coming back to Glenfield after Albany because she has to get used to the heat all over again. I was OK right up to camel and then I did get a bit of a head spin on. I regularly see stars in camel now but I am trying to stay in it and push through it, which is sometimes difficult.

Dave was teaching and cracked some pearlers which had Andy and I laughing out loud, along with everyone else. One thing he said wasn't supposed to be a joke (at least he seemed surprised we were laughing) when he said that the yoga will set "you up for the week, especially if you're working". Of course we're all in there on our mats just relaxing, soaking up the vibes, eh, Dave? None of us are working.

Aside from the obvious pleasure of a teacher who jokes and makes comments that lighten the mood in the room, I am starting to realise I can do this yoga anywhere, with any teacher, and still reap the benefits. I often feel the same way after class now - that calm kind of observant nature stays with you after you leave the room. I went op shopping for summer clothes (I needed some stuff that was light and bright) and because I kind of had that "eye in" I found heaps of cool things. Walked away with 2 dresses (one red & black, the other a deep watermelon pink), a black ruched swimsuit in a size under what I normally wear (that fits me perfectly now) and four tops in various bright pretty blues and pinks - all for the princely sum of seventy bucks! I bought a tie for my husband to wear to a corporate christmas function at Farmers the other day and it was the cheapest they had at thirty bucks so my spending spree was an absolute bargain.

The yoga just keeps on giving.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment